The health benefits of Indian gooseberry, also known as Amla, has high content in vitamin C . The Indian gooseberry helps in boosting the immune system, slowing down aging, treating throat infections, reducing blood sugar levels, improving heart health and improves hair growth and hair falls .
It further helps in food absorption, balancing stomach acids, better functioning of liver, and nourishing the brain and mental functioning. It also strengthens the lungs, enhances fertility, helps the urinary system, improves skin quality and good and healthy hair.
- Regular consumption of amla juice helps in reducing cholestrol levels.
Amla is available in various other forms, such as a powder, juice, oil, tablets, and spice. Amla tea and dried amla are also consumed by many for its powerful nutritional benefits.
Indian Gooseberry Or Amla Benefits
Indian gooseberries are a natural immune booster as they contain a powerful cocktail of vitamins C and A.
Gooseberry contains chromium, which has a therapeutic value for diabetic patients. It stimulates the isolated group of cells that secrete insulin. This reduces blood sugar in diabetic patients and keeps their body balanced and healthy.
3.Aids in Digestion
Amla is very high in fiber, like most fruits.This reduces the chances of constipation. Fiber can also bulk up loose stools and reduce diarrhea.
4.Prevents Heart Diseases
Amla powder strengthens the heart muscles, so the blood circulation is done throughout the body. This can reduce the chances of stroke and heart attack. Also, berries like blueberries and gooseberries have been proven to improve heart health.
Amla powder is used in many hair tonics as it enriches hair growth and hair pigmentation. It strengthens the roots, maintains color, and improves luster.
Amla prevents health-related hyperlipidemia by reducing the number of free radicals in the body through its antioxidant qualities. Vitamin C and antioxidants help scavenge free radicals, which are associated with signs of aging like wrinkles and age spots. Amla powder is used as a face mask to remove age spots.
Drinking vitamin A-rich gooseberry juice with honey is good for improving eyesight. It helps improve near-sightedness and cataracts while reducing intra-ocular tension
How To Eat Amla Fruit?
You can consume Amla as a fresh fruit, juice, or in a dried powder form to see a big improvement in your health.
- Fresh amla: These are available in season in Indian stores. You can eat amla slices raw with salt and spices, like in India or you can mix a teaspoon of honey. Honey balances the tart taste of amla.
- Dried amla: Dried amla fruit can be chewed on. But be aware that they may have a lot of sugar added to it. In India, the candied pickle is called amla murabba.
- Amla powder: Organic versions are available in the market and can be mixed with water, honey, or yogurt to be made into a hair or face mask.
- Amla oil: This oil helps to strengthen the hair, prevents premature greying and stops hair fall.
- Amla juice: Taking amla juice diluted with water early in the morning on an empty stomach helps keep the digestive system healthy and aids in managing blood sugar levels.